LONG ISLAND BULLETIN BOARD

Sachem Unspun - A site devoted to registered voters in the Sachem School District.
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 pm 
For anyone that is not aware, recently a sachem database was compromised. There is as much speculation as there is fact behind this incident, so i would like to clear things up. A database was accessed by multiple unauthorized users, and data was taken. The exact amount and nature of the data is unclear, but large amounts of data did get stolen and some parts of a secure administrator database were compromised. It has been estimated from looking at network traffic that 5-10gb of data was removed. Well 20,000+ students info could have been taken, a more conservative estimate would be around 17,000.I have obtained all the necessary info that is needed to post a list of all those who's data was stolen. Unfortunately, and understandably staff member have asked for students info to not be posted. Due to technical limitations resulting from this, i was only able to compile a list of about 7000 of these students. I have only listed the first names and the id # so parents can check if there child was one of those 17,000. If you have any idea how sachem logins work, you know you need the first and last name of the student along with the id number to access computer profiles or lunch accounts. The posting of these 7000 names will not infringe on the privacy of the student in anyway. This is to be used only to check if you or the district should pay for credit protection. The info taken includes personal and private information, as well as social security information Please note that if your child’s name is not on here, it does not mean your in the clear. There is 10,000 more names not on this list that had there info stolen so please keep that in mind. I will try to post a complete list of all 17000.

To check, simply take your child’s ID # and see if it is listed below. If you do not know your child's ID# ask them. They will know it. It is used for all computer logins and lunch transactions.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:23 pm 
So if your child's name appears above, which mine does, who do we need to contact?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:39 pm 
To be honest that is the part im not sure of. I have been trying to spread the word about this so we can hopefully get the district to offer credit protection, and thats why it disgusts me that people were suggesting this was a fake.What would anyone gain from faking this??? As of now if you wanted to be sure your child was protected you would have to pay for it out of pocket. This has been brought up to sachem administration before, if you want this to be resolved somehow this needs to be brought to the attention of the relevant state officials. Sachem refuses to acknowledge this happened and so far media outlets have not been quick to report on it. If anyone get get this info out to the masses i can provide all the relevant documents.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:55 am 
Where is the list?

Report this post

Post subject: WWW.sachem.edu
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:26 am 
Guest wrote:
Where is the list?

The incomplete list and blank fields are because of formatting problems.
12,000 Students

WWW.sachem.edu

Report this post

Post subject: WWW.sachem.edu
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 am 
Guest wrote:
Where is the list?

Corrected list. 15,000 Students. Lists a majority but not all of students who had information compromised.

WWW.sachem.edu

Report this post

Post subject: Re: WWW.sachem.edu
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 am 
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Where is the list?

Corrected list. 15,000 Students. Lists a majority but not all of students who had information compromised.

WWW.sachem.edu

where did you get this list..my two older children who have since graduated are on this list???

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 pm 
Does anyone know why I can't see this list? I'm confused.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 pm 
Guest09 wrote:
Does anyone know why I can't see this list? I'm confused.

www.sachem.edu

Your IP address will be turned over to Suffolk County Police IT unit if you continue to attempt to post student information

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:50 pm 
Thank you. Not happy, my name is on the list as well as my sisters. I don't know what to do now.

NOTICE
I will give the district and authorities the ip address of any person posting Student data.

Report this post